This has become hands down my favourite salad. It’s easy, delicious and flexible and comes together in seconds. Add in a sweet vinaigrette and listen to your tastebuds sing!
For those who think “Ew! Fruit in a savoury salad!” trust me on this one. I used to be the very same, I couldn’t fathom the idea of fruit in a savoury salad, but this one WILL change your mind!
Om Nom Rocket Salad
Time: 5 minutes
Difficulty: Super Easy
Calories: 175 per 1.5 cup serving (85 without the avocado)
You will need:
- 3 cups mixed organic rocket, cress and baby spinach leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 medium sized avocado cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup radishes, sliced
- handful of crushed walnuts
- Parmesan flakes to garnish
My vinaigrette recipe:
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tsp sale
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 C fine olive oil (the better the oil you use, the better the dressing)
Mix all ingredients together and allow to rest for 30 minutes before using.
- Assemble the salad and pour over the dressing. EASY!